Fourth of July Features
Way Yummy Yams
Delicious and light little bite sized yams, full of nutrients and a vitamin packed potato alternative.
• 3 pounds of yams, peeled, cut into 1” pieces
• 1 tablespoon butter, melted
• 3 teaspoons light brown sugar
• 1 tablespoon orange peel
• 1 -1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
• 1-1/2 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 tablespoon dried parsley
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Canola oil spray
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, mix butter, brown sugar, orange peel and lemon peel, set aside.
3. Spray a glass baking dish with canola spray.
4. In a small bowl, toss olive oil, yams, salt & pepper and put into baking dish.
5. Roast yams until tender or about 20 minutes. Remove from oven.
6. Slide yams into butter and brown sugar mixture. Toss until evenly coated.
7. Put yams back into the oven for about 10 minutes, until they are glazed and brown.
In the Kitchen with Kids
Creating delicious, healthy foods and connecting with your kids through cooking.
Recipes are from the kitchen of Barbara Hughston, author of, In the Kitchen with Kids, a healthy, easy cookbook for kids, teens and busy moms.
Give us day by day our daily bread – Luke 11:3